Who we are
We are a local skip hire company, who provides a great local service to our wonderful customers, who keep coming back as we provide a great friendly service… Best local skip company around, well around Enfield, we have loads of skips for hire. So get in touch for a great skip hire price.
Give us a call on 0208 629 1857 or fill the FREE QUOTE form in
First time hiring a local skip?
If this is the first time you’re hiring the services of a local skip hire company in Enfield, you’re in the right place! Whether you are aware or not, you actually need to know a thing or two about skips before hiring a company and asking them to go to your place – it saves you so much trouble. If you aren’t new to contracting with skip hires, well, it’s nice to see you here too. It means that you’re looking for the best Enfield skips and trying to learn what can still be learned from this service. Either way, this site should be of help to you. If you asked the question is there a skip hire near me and you are in North London, we are here..
We have a roster of skip hires that you can talk to directly (rest assured they’re the best in the business!) but you would want to first be prepared with your questions and answers (for whatever questions they may have in return).
So let’s skip the name dropping portion for now (pun intended) – here are some things you might want to know about the business of skipping:
We cover the areas listed on the Areas We Cover page, basically Enfield and all surrounding towns throughout North London & Hertfordshire. We have cheap skip hire in North London, if that is what you need.
More Information About Enfield Skips
1. What’s a skip?
Let’s start with the simplest question. A skip is a large waste container, usually trapezoidal in shape, which has no top or cover and is boarded on a special truck called a lorry. It is typically used in clearing debris of demolished buildings, but may also be used for disposing domestic junk and stuff, like broken furniture, walls, etc. Companies would normally drop the skip on one’s yard by using a crane and several chains, then the waste items would be loaded into the skip, after which the skip would be replaced on the back of the lorry, and finally, the lorry would ride away to the waste facility.
It comes in different sizes, from as small as 2 cubic yards, to as huge as 40 cubic yards, supporting 8 tons of cargo at the minimum. A 20 cubic yard Roll-On, Roll-Off (RORO) skip is almost as high as an average person; a 40 cubic yard RORO is way taller. These very big skips have wheels that allow them to be rolled on and off the lorry (hence their name), with seriously heavy lifting and support done by powerful hydraulic cranes. Some are called mini skips, there are lots of mini skip hire companies around, more later.
2. Our Skips are designated by their capacity
When telling your chosen Enfield skip hire which of their skips you need, you’ll have to call them by their proper name: 2 yd, 6 yd, 12 yd, etc. It’s as functional as a name could ever be.
So try and use the size you ewant and not ask for mini skip hire.
The following video can help you decide what size of Enfield skip you need.
3. Trapezoids, trapezoids, trapezoids
Surely you remember your geometry classes and know just why many skips are trapezoidal in shape. For one, the shorter base makes sure that the bin will not hit the lorry when it is lifted by the crane. As it is supported by chains, it dangles freely, like a Ferris wheel cab, and gently sways to and fro until firmly landed on the ground. If the base of the bin was as long as the top, then it would easily hit the lorry. Secondly, because the base of the bin is short, the required length of the crane is minimized (therefore, efficiency). All that’s needed is for the length of the crane to be greater than the distance between the base and the anchoring point (the fulcrum, where the chains holding the skip are attached) and the bin will never hit the lorry. Finally, skips are trapezoidal in shape because when they are tipped over to spill their contents, the slanting sides make dumping stuff easier.
Things To Consider Beforehand
Well, enough of that. It’s now time for you to think about what you should consider before contracting a local skip company. You just have to answer the question, “What do I need from my local skip company in Enfield?”
To answer this, you may need to consider, for example, the volume of your waste. Remember that it is what determines the size of your skip. You have to keep in mind too that bins can only be stuffed up to a certain level – there’s a line in the skip that indicates the peak. Things above the line are in danger of falling when the lorry is in motion so skip providers prohibit going beyond that fill level. Approximate wisely to get the best skip for the job. If your chosen skip is too small, it wouldn’t serve its purpose; if it’s too big, you’ll be wasting money. So mini skip hire isn’t always the best option.
You may also want to consider some inconspicuous matters, like: How wide is my driveway? Will the lorry or skip get through easily? Can my lawn take the weight of a loaded skip? Do I want them to drop the skip on my yard and wait for me while I load, or do I want them to drop it in the yard and come back after two days?
These are just some of the questions that you need to think about. When you already know what your needs and requirements are, that’s the time you look for and use Enfield skip hire.
Things To Consider About Skip Providers
The general guideline here is: Do they meet my requirements? You should only take yes for an answer. Here are some of the considerations you should bear in mind (in no particular order):
- Do they provide excellent service? Read customer reviews, ask friends and other people. In a business revolving around technical requirements, it’s the service that makes the difference.
- Are their lorries capable of dropping the skip on our lawn? Some lorries have extendable and flexible cranes that can easily navigate across tricky spots.
- Are their lorries radio-equipped and traceable via GPS? You need to know that they are indeed disposing of your waste properly.
- Do they cater to domestic and commercial clients? If so, that suggests that they have a wide experience in the business.
- Do they offer affordable rates? Compare our prices to make sure that you get the best possible deals. Also, try to negotiate directly with your skip company. Avoid middlemen and organizations that just increase the skip hire cost but do not really improve the value of the service you are acquiring.
- Do they have all the necessary permits? Make sure that they have the license to carry waste, and that they can get skip permits to park on the road, and site clearances, among others. If all the legal requirements are followed, the entire process would be bump-free.
- Do they have Public Liability Insurance? This is to protect your property from accidental damage.
- How much of the waste they collect do they recycle? This tells you their concern for the environment. But you might get savings out of it too – high levels of recycling means profits or savings for the company, which might mean lower rates for you.
- How long have they been in the business? If they’ve been in business long enough, you know that their customers trust them.
That’s about all you need to know to find the best skips in Enfield and more importantly we are the best skip hire in Enfield, in our opinion.
As mentioned, we have a bunch of guys to recommend, but you won’t know how good they are until you’ve tried them. So go ahead, pick up the phone and call us for our rates. We will give you the best skip hire price you will find in Enfield, Enfield Skips will help you out.
Don’t skip any of our tips, okay? (Pun intended again.) We are the best answer to “is there a skip hire near me?”. We also have cheap skip hire in North London, if that is what you need.